Reiki is pronounced “ray-key” from the Japanese “rei” which is a universal or spiritual consciousness, and “ki” which is the life force energy. Reiki works on the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual levels.
Reiki is a spiritual holistic practice that creates a balance and promotes a state of total relaxation. Reiki supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself and helps relieve stress, pain and anxiety.
Reiki healing is a softer form of healing, though still very potent. This treatment focuses on your energy field which both surrounds you and holds your entire body.
The Physical Body
A balanced body is a stronger body. Staying on top of things will prevent illness and damage down the road. A body that doesn't have to struggle has more resources to cope when things do happen.
The Mental/Emotional Body
People, places and experiences all affect us and our body whether we know it or not, whether we like it or not. These all affect our health.
Sometimes ailments that don't heal, or keep recurring are behaving this way because of an emotional burden you are carrying, or a knee with that dull constant ache. Or inside your lungs with that chronic little cough that never quite goes away, in unexplained nightmares, anxiety and much more.
Benefits of Reiki
Scientific studies indicate that Reiki may improve immune system function as well as autonomic nervous system function. Reiki has been known to:
- Reduce stress
- Restore and balance the body's vital energies
- Promote physical and emotional healing
- Improve concentration, mood and creates a higher sense of well being
- Reduce pain levels
- Promote restful sleep and alleviate insomnia
- Create a higher sense of well being
- Reduce side effects from anesthesia, radiation and chemotherapy
- Calm, comfort and give a sense of peace to the terminally ill